Friday, December 08, 2006

Kuuuumarrrrr!!!!


Ok..so I got a little excited there. But seriously, this looks like a really cute, funny little movie about Kumar. The one and only. Kumar Pallana of The Royal Tenenbaums fame. There's a new movie coming out titled, Kumar: My 88 Year Old Best Friend.

From the website:

"KUMAR: MY 88 YEAR OLD BEST FRIEND provides a unique window into the fascinating and unlikely friendship between eighty-eight year old cult film icon Kumar Pallana (The Terminal, Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore) and thirty-year old indie label proprietor and PR/management guru Dave Brown.

Many mistakenly believe that Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson "discovered" Kumar when they plucked him out of seeming obscurity from behind the counter of his eclectic cafe. But in reality Kumar's hardly new to show business, in fact he's a world renowned vaudevillian entertainer who once shared a stage with the Rat Pack and performed on classic television shows like the Mickey Mouse Club, Ed Sullivan and Captain Kangaroo. "

And the man even has his own MySpace page. I'm not even kidding. Talk about being hip and cool. Man, this 88-year old man could beat my twentysomething kundi any day for cool points.

Catch the trailer on the website. My favorite line: "I can speak four languages. But when I'm drunk, I can speak any language!" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home