Friday, November 03, 2006

One November Morning....

8:15 AM: SHOOOOOOT!

I woke up late. I had class in a half an hour and I was running late! Nothing new, as I'm ALWAYS running late for my morning classes. Seriously. It's so bad, the professor no longer even notices as I walk in late because well, it's to be expected. Yeah. I've become one of those students. But in my defense, I've never been a morning person, I'd rather pull an all nighter than wake up at 6AM for a class. But then again, I'd rather sleep than eat too....so yeah I have some issues ;)

I'm getting therapy.

Well, someday.

But back to my rather interesting story. So I'm practically running down the hallway of my apartment building in heels (because it's Friday, dammit, and despite my "messy look" and my "it's too early to think" mindset, I'll look like a doll today if I want!) like a maniac to catch the elevator down. Just as I get inside the elevator and the doors are about to close, this tall, cute guy with a warm smile tries to get into the elevator. So being the nice person I am (I swear, I am, even in the early morning :)) I attempt to hold the door open. Attempt being the key word there. In moments of time pressures, I, of course, become the most chaotic, uncoordinated person evah. So of course, being the dork I am...I hit the "close the door" button. Crap! Then I hit the "Alarm" button. NOOOOOOO! (which is NOT a sound you want to hear that early in the morning!) Finally, my hands coordinate with my brain and bad eyesight to actually hit the "open the door" button with me literally yelling out (i'm not even joking) AHHHHH out loud because I couldn't even press the correct button! Geeeeeez.

I'm such a loser.

But seriously, those were some stressful minutes, yo!

Meanwhile, the man already has smoothly made his way into the elevator and is watching me fumble around with the buttons in an "attempt" to help him. I swear he had the biggest smirk on his face.

And it lasted the WHOLE freakin' elevator ride down.

And then he looked at me and I gave him this nervous, embarassed smile as if that would mean anything next to his smirk. He made some small talk and we both laughed. I, because, I was already a mess and am prone to being very gullible before my morning coffee. He, I presume, because he needed to let out his laughter in some manner over some silly girl in the elevator before proceeding to his MBA class.

Sigh. These were such memorable moments.

I walked into class late as the professor didn't even blink an eye and as my fellow loyal students had already collected all the handouts for me and stacked it on my seat. Well, hey, at least I'm consistent!

Class is over and I rush back to my apartment before returning to my educational dungeon. I'm waiting at the signal light. Waiting calmly and SO happy I had found some caffeine. But of course, you knew the story couldn't end like this!

Enter Mr. Smirky Cute Elevator Dude. WHY! OH DEAR GOD WHYYYYYY! His class just had to end at the same time as mine. I try to look away, hide behind a pole, act like I've NEVER seen him before. That this morning was just a hallucination.

Damn. He looks over and smiles at me. Without finding anybody else to chat up and forgetting to wear my bitchy-I-don't -want-to-talk-to you blinders, I smile back. He asks me about the books I'm carrying. Sees me walking in heels and says, well, wow, you do a mighty (his word, NOT mine) fine job carrying those heavy books and walking in heels. You must be used to to it he says. We laugh.

I, because, I had no idea what to say. I mean, what do you say to something like that? Yeah I'm a woman who can walk in heels and carry books! Deal with it yo! He, because, he needed to let out his laughter after making a silly comment to a girl while crossing the street at a major intersection where no one cares to talk because everyone has a life to get to.

Also, was he flirting with me???? Elevator people should not flirt with you in the real world! It's just wrong. And really uncomfortable!

Just as we are reaching the end of the intersection, something wonderful and yet sad happens. He trips over himself.

He looks away. I smirk.

We walk away and get separated by other people at the intersection. I enter my apartment building and walk into the elevator and hit the "up" button, still smirking about the RANDOMNESS of this day.

And...I hit the button for the WRONG floor.

Dude. This shit never gets old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home