Monday, October 02, 2006

A wtf? Day

We've all had one of these days. Unfortunately mine had to come over the weekend, the only time of the week where I try to regain my sanity and get some peace around me.

wtf? moment #1:

My friends and I are walking in downtown to a restaurant to grab some dinner. I'm tired as all hell after a long ass day and a really LONG week. So we're walking and we're having a jolly old time. We are stopped at a traffic light waiting to cross the street. A car comes up to us.

Guy in the passenger seat asks us: Hey...do any of you know where the Zoo is?...
So being the altruistic, nice person I am, I'm like hey, I'll help you out and answer your question (ok now people, don't get too shocked. I occasionally can give out directions and do know where I'm going!!)

Me: Yeah. sure. Just go down this street and take a right on x street and follow it down and you'll see it on the right side.

Him: Thanks (looking at all of us). (And then looking directly at me): Or...er...thanks...in whatever language y'all speak.

Me: WE SPEAK ENGLISH! (really loudly so all the cars could hear me) (And..um..yeah I got some strange looks, oh well :))

And well, he drove away. But damn.
/Bitchy sensitive paranoid attitutde rant: I just gave you freakin' directions in freakin' english and now you're gonna be all like "whatever language y'all speak". WTF? What language did you think I was speaking? /Bitchy sensitive paranoid attiude rant.

wtf? moment #2:

It's been a fun Friday night. But as mentioned earlier, I'm dead tired and ready to crash. Plus I have to get up early in the morning on Sat. to run an errand (leading to #3). And...then the most annoying thing happens when you least expect it. That's right. A DAMN FIRE ALARM. AT 4 AM! IN THE COLD, DARK NIGHT! NOOOOO! It felt like I was in the dorms all over again and not in my isolated apartment away from all that annoying RA/random roommate/stupid Greek Frat undergrad crap. So of course, being the good girl I am.. I get out of bed, put on a jacket and my glasses, act like I'm somewhat awake and ready to face safety from a fire I don't see or smell, and go outside. And so I waited...with about 5 other people who had bothered to leave the insanity of that annoying alarm sound and come outside in the 40 degree weather to stare out into NOTHING. And guess what! IT LASTED A FREAKIN' HOUR!
I mean seriously, wtf??? So I did what any smart girl would do. I walked back into my apartment. Shut the door. Put on my earphones to my Ipod. Climbed back into bed and went back to sleep. Death be damned!

wtf? moment #3:

So now..( are you still following? I swear it only gets better!) ...it's early Sat. morning because I had to get up early despite my lack of sleep to run a stupid errand. What is this errand? Going to the damn power company because they can't seem to put the account under my name because they think I don't exist. I had given them my name (which I spelled like 5 times for her..and yes, it was annoying) and my ssn over the phone a few days earlier and the STUPID, SERIOUSLY DEAF, woman is like..."Um...no name comes up under that number and well, I see no one under that name. The credit bureau DOESN'T RECOGNIZE you." Um.....What???? So after getting all bitchy on her over the phone and still not getting anywhere with her...I realize I'm going to have to go there myself and show them that I'm not some ghost or illegal alien or sort out this shit.
So I drive my butt over there. And wait in line for 1 HOUR. And of course, being the bright one I am, I forgot to bring a book or anything. So I had to resort to playing with my cellphone and having an extremely long conversation with my mom where we at one point, ended up talking about the weather because..well, that's how bored I had gotten. Finally my name is called.
I go up to the person, tell her my situation, and show her my identification. She sits there typing up stuff on her computer and stares at it for about 5 mins. Then finally she looks at me.

Her: "Um, actually you didn't have to come in today, hahaha." (Yeah, no shit. Ya think? You should have seen my face.)
Me: "Um what do you mean?"
Her: Well, actually it shows that you do exist. (Really! I do???? OMG?) And it was just an error. You're fine now and its all fixed. It was just a misunderstanding."
Me: "What was the error?"
Her: "Oh well it looks like she had just misspelled your last name."
Me: "What!!! Are you kidding? I spelled it for her like 5 times for her and told her a number of times that she was making a mistake. I could tell, because she kept mispronouncing my name!
Her: Yeah. Well. Hahaha. It's all fixed now. Hahaha. (Giving me that nice customer service smile.)

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH HELL NO! I came over here on a Saturday morning to hear this? So I did what was the only right thing to do. I called her manager, and made her write up a report on this woman(the one on the phone). Ha. Ha. Revenge can be sweet! Muhahahahaha.

....Yeah...so...how was your Saturday? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home