Thursday, October 26, 2006

NEED to see these movies....

As I was browsing through some movie trailers today, I saw a few that stood out that I really really really want to see!

First up: The Great New Wonderful.

When I was down at U of I a couple of weeks ago, I saw the movie at Rententertainment and it looked interesting. Although we opted for Kumars No. 42 instead, I still intended on seeing the movie. The trailer is weird and quirky and of course, when you least expect it: surprise, surprise. Guess who's in this movie? Naseeruddin Shah. Wha???? Yeah. Exactly. In one of the scenes in the trailer he's wearing funky sunglasses and smiling at strangers on the streets of NY while wearing a nice suit. Too funny.


Second: For Your Consideration

I LOVED Waiting for Guffman. Chistopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Katherine Harris, = Smart & Funny
Well, folks. There back at it again. And this time it looks like it's a parody of a movie being shot that might be so good it might be nominated for an Oscar. Or so they think. Really, these folks can do no wrong. I'm look forward to the laughter:)


Third:
One Last Thing...


I'm not sure if this movie is going to be really good or not. So maybe I don't really really want to see it. But it still looks interesting enough for me to check it out. The trailer seems pretty cliche. Except that...I kinda want to know what happens to the boy in the end. And its about a boy going after his wishes and dreams. And who doesn't want to see a warm, fuzzy, possibly funny?, movie after a long hard week? That and Cynthia Nixon is in it. And well, she's GOOD. Not just in the good ol' days of SATC, but have you ever seen her in Warm Springs? Amazing performance. Anyway...who's knows it could be a cute movie like Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants or something!



Fourth (and finally): Catch a Fire

I just saw the trailer for this on TV today. It's out in theatres today. It's about a man fighting for his family and against the injustice of the apartheid in South Africa. With Derek Luke and Tim Robbins (One of my favorites!). It's a serious one compared to my other choices above, but the story looks good and I'm sure the acting is superb. Really looking foward to see this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home