Monday, October 02, 2006

I Heart October

I LOVE October. For several reasons (in no particular order, although I'm a little biased to number 2 ;))

1) The weather-its not hot and its not too cold. The temperature is just right. I love 60-70 degree weather. It's just the right temperature to take a lovely stroll outside, sit outside of a coffeeshop studying, or sit on a park bench people-watching. And, with all the leaves changing colors, it's one of the most beautiful times of the year!

2) My birthday-Yep, I'm a libra. And well...what else is there to say. IT'S MY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY!!!!! :) Sure, I've had my share of traumatic, less than memorable birthdays, and well days in general. But, despite all my bad moments, it's always nice to get smiles and happy birthdays from random people and gifts and well wishes from your close family and friends. For some reason it always reminds me of grade school and high school. In grade school, you always brought treats for others during your birthday (not a rule, but nevertheless a time old custom) and well, who didn't like candy and chocolate covered cupcakes at 2pm on a weekday afternoon right before gym class?
In high school, it was all about showing off (and well, isn't that what hs is about anyways?) and walking in surprised and full of smiles as your locker was decorated with colored tissue paper. And then you would get to walk around the hallways to your classes all day with balloons and presents, showing off that you were a little older, and secretly (but delusionally I might add) hoping a little more wiser (aka just a little less dumb) as well.
Nowadays, it's just about hanging out with friends and family. Having a lovely day or going to a concert and realizing that by becoming a little more older, you were a little more farther away from your youthful, stressful-free days that you were so yearning to go back to. Ah, well. At least I'm still in my twenties. I have a lot more to aspire to (and a lot more wisdom to gain)! ;)

3) Halloween: Who doesn't like Halloween? Candy. Costume Parties. Make-up. Black. Orange. Red. And so many memories of growing up, wearing various costumes and running around my neighborhood trick-or-treating. Good times!

4)The start of fall season for some of my favorite tv shows: Veronica Mars, Lost, Gilmore Girls (ok technically it started last week, but in previous years I remember it starting in Oct!)

5) Fall Break: This is the first time that I've had a fall break at a college I've attended. Regardless, I love it! It's just the right time of the year to take a little bit of a break and slow down a little. And Lord knows I need it!

So...yeah, these are some of the few reasons I heart October and so should you:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home