Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Office Space is too close to reality


So apparently, Payal feels that my nuttiness needs to be shared with the world. So here we go…this blog will now attract a whole new crowd of loons.

Work life has definitely exposed me to new experiences, and no I’m not talking about the usual glimpse into the cutthroat corporate world. This day in particular has been an emotional rollercoaster. I’ve managed to experience embarrassment, sadness, joy, giddiness, and a myriad of other feelings.

I started off the day by laughing meaningless, like an airhead, at my boss’ face. He, of course, not only catches me, but insists that I explain myself. Now I would love to tell you why I was laughing, but I don’t know the reason myself…how crazy is that? Now, if you’ve met my boss, you’d understand that he’s by far the coolest boss there is. It’s 8:30am in the morning, I’m cracking up right in front of him, while he’s seriously trying to explain something. Naturally, he assumes that I’m laughing at him. I don’t explain what’s going on, and he lets it go. Can you imagine how MORTIFIED I am at this point!

I feel I need to explain something about myself in order to complete this story and to tie it back to Office Space. It’s confession time…this is where the my eccentricity is portrayed.

I have a relationship with rain! ::GASP::

Hold on, before you judge me, let me explain. Now if you’ve seen Gilmore Girls, think Lorelai and snow. Looking back on our relationship, rain has always been there for me. It’s rained when I’m depressed or having a bad day, it waits on me when I don’t have an umbrella, slows down when I’m out, drenches me when I need to relax or have fun…ahh the good times we’ve shared!

How does this trace back to Office Space you ask? Well, Payal feels that I should be Milton, with a bright red stapler, which I’d have to steal, since my company is stingy. I should be in a bunker somewhere, mumbling/laughing to myself, plotting against the world, and hoping for rain.

Man the life of a hyphenated twenty something is sweet!

1 Comments:

At 6/07/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger payal said...

YAY!!! Finally, your first post:)

It's about time people realized your nuttiness. Which of course makes you so "special."
Anyhoo, I'm glad we've established that you're crazy! Seriously, were you high or something? Why were you laughing at you're boss, in FRONT OF HIS FACE?? Because, as Tanvi and I know, being the working veterans we are now (haha), you're supposed to save that laugh when you're back hiding in your cubicle and staring at excel sheets while secretly blogging about the insanity that surrounds you. Or in your case, the insanity that you bring to your environment. I'm looking forward to the next episode of "Gayatri's Insane Mind-The Office Edition!"

P.S. Can you steal a red stapler for me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home