Sunday, June 25, 2006

Fear not, faithful readers!

Fear not, faithful readers! Despite all appearances, we have not abandoned you. I have been suffering debilitating technical difficulties for the past month that have crippled my blogging capabilities. On the other hand, my partner in crime, payal, seems to have actually disappeared. So far, I have some pretty brilliant theories as to her whereabouts...

the usual theories: abducted by aliens or joined the witness protection program
the scary theories: kidnapped by ‘aunties’ and taken to India to find her a suitable husband or brainwashed by corporate America to carry out their agenda against the rest of us
the impossible theories: she found cooler and better friends and has decided to phase me out (Like I said, IMPOSSIBLE! Who is cooler or better than ME?)
the likely theories: driving around the Chicago-land area completely lost because she did not take her totally awesome navigator, me, with her or visiting out-of-town family

Anyways, if anyone knows of her whereabouts or if you are reading this payal, please contact us. Where are you stranger? I am really worried……….Well maybe not REALLY worried but I am sort of worried…….…Actually to be perfectly honest I haven’t been worried at all. I am just curious as to how you, of all people, have a life all of a sudden.

Okay, enough about payal. Back to what’s important, ME! As I mentioned earlier, I have been experiencing some terrible computer problems that led to the temporary suspension of my internet access. It was torture, I tell you! Oh the drama! The pain! The suffering! The withdrawal symptoms! It was a total nightmare. I really don’t know how I managed to survive the past few weeks. There were several moments where I really didn’t think I could make it. My parents had just about given up on me. In fact, a perfect example of how dependant I am on the internet happened on the second day of my isolation. My dad called me and asked me to find the phone number to a local pizza place we love. Well, I couldn’t find the phone number anywhere in the house and the damn internet was not working. So I did the only logical thing, I called my father and asked him how he expected me to find the phone number when the internet was not working. He then re-introduced me to an old friend called the telephone directory. I felt like an IDIOT! I never even realized how much I rely on the internet until that moment. The rest of the last few weeks kindly reinforced that fact over and over again. It has been one heck of an experience. One I hope not to repeat anytime soon.

Well the whole point of all of that rambling is to let all of our loyal readers know that I am back! And once I locate payal, she will be back too. Stay tuned for more…

4 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger payal said...

HHHHILARIOUS!!!
I'm glad I'm so wanted and so special:)

Yes, I'm back!!! It's been a crazy June and seriously, I don't know where the days have gone! Someone at work literally had to remind me that the 4th of July was NEXT week. NEXT WEEK! I didn't even realize summer had started! I know I've been AWOL, fear not, I'm back:)

ALL Hail ME!! Ahem...now tanvi can go back into hiding and you can continue to read all of my ramblings!

 
At 6/26/2006 9:17 PM, Blogger gayatri said...

Explain something to me Payal...how in the world did I go a whole semester without you?

You've been missing in action for three whole weeks, and I've missed you like crazy! I'm glad you're alive, and from the looks of it, in one piece.

 
At 6/28/2006 10:13 PM, Blogger payal said...

Gosh Tanvi, it's always about you isn't it! ME, ME, ME! And you wonder how I got a life all of a sudden....;)

 
At 6/28/2006 10:13 PM, Blogger payal said...

Gayatri---2 words: THIS WEEKEND!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home