Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh Conan, how I love thee

That's right fellow Chicagoans (Suburbanites included) and Conan lovers. Late Night with Conan O'Brien is coming to CHICAGO!!!! From today's Chicago Tribune:
 
 "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" will broadcast four shows from the Chicago Theatre starting May 9, NBC announced Monday.

O'Brien will tell viewers how to get tickets to the Chicago broadcasts on the March 28 edition of his show, which airs 11:35 p.m. weeknights on WMAQ-Ch. 5. [ link]

 
Apparently Conan has some Chicago connections. He lived in Chicago for awhile and many of the writers on his show have roots in Second City and ImprovOlympics theatres. I'm thoroughly excited! His dancing (come on, you know you love it when he does his "puppet" dance), his self-depreciating humor, and of course his little video bits are all coming to the Windy City! I don't think we've had such excitement from the late-night talk show world since Letterman came in 1989 (And no, I am not counting Jay Leno. Nice guy, cheesy humor).
 
Anyone interested in going! I'm so there. Maybe we can have a group outing (read: like the 3 people that read this blog) ;)!!!
 
Hmmm. I wonder what places he will visit in the city. And if he'd even show up on Oprah. Now that would be reason to check out her show.
Anyways, stay tuned. I'll post more details as they come. If you're interested or know more about his upcoming visit, please I beg of you, for the love of God and for me, PLEASE COMMENT!
 
Cheers.
 

 

5 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger tanvi said...

My god, woman! What's with all the dramatics? Calm down already. And be happy we have at least 3 people who visit our blog. (Shout out to Gayatri! The only other regular visitor besides you and I) As for Conan's visit, I think we should totally go! Who's with us? Gayatri? Anyone? Any takers at all? It will be fabulous, people. We will be a part of the "Cone Zone".

 
At 3/21/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger payal said...

Well first off tanvi, it is also my blog, so my opinion is welcome:)(in reference to your name change)
And...jealousy? what jealousy? I have no idea what you're talking about;)

Secondly, never ever ever call my love/obsession for Conan "dramatics!" I am a "geek", not a drama queen. I silently obsess and stalk, rather than initate any sort of interaction. Hence the blog;)
Besides, do you not realize my generosity and the great service I am doing to all my readers (aka you and Gayatri)by letting them know of this great event? i'm very hurt. HURT! traumatized. TRAUMITAZED! by your accusations. As a twentysomething, these are what I call heartfelt emotions. Dramatics? ( rolling my eyes )Please, that is like so...high school;)

 
At 3/21/2006 4:25 PM, Blogger payal said...

see i was so hurt, i couldn't even spell straight>>READ:TRAUMATIZED!

 
At 3/22/2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *heart* Conan, so I completely understand Payal's dramatics. :)

We should definitely go check him out. I can't wait to see the rope pulling dance that he does at the beginning of his show. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

 
At 3/23/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger payal said...

gayatri-
i totally know what you mean! I called it the puppet dance, you called it the rope pulling dance, same thing:) And hey now, what did i say about dramatics!! People, its called EMOTIONS!!! anyhoo, awesome, we have 3 on board! Woohoo!!! Anymore takers??? Stay tuned for next week to find ticket details! btw, gayatri, you rock! thanks for joining us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home