Sunday, March 05, 2006

I Say, Jeeves


It's a cold, snowy day outside today in Chicago. So what better way to spend the day than watching an old British TV show with 2 of the most talented British actors I know of. I just saw a few episodes from the first season of "Jeeves and Wooster" starring Hugh Laurie (Dr. House) and Stephen Fry. Hilarious. Genius. And so British. As it should be.

I still haven't gotten around to reading the books by P.G. Wodehouse (But its on my list! Of course my list is going over a 100, so who knows when I'll get to it. But someday I will. I am determined to!) So when I saw the DVD at my local library, I jumped at the chance to watch it. And I'm lovin' it. Stephen Fry is always exceptional and funny, but I had only seen him in the TV show Blackadder and the movie Wilde before this. And of course, I was even more impressed.
As for Laurie, I am a huge fan of House, and I had seen him in a few other movies (Stuart Little, Sense and Sensibility) but it was great to see him as a young, rich, Brit chap. The two actors play off of each other so well and the man and master relationship is so well acted and comedic. The hilarious scenarios and personalities are sometimes so unimaginable and unpredictable that you can't help but devour it.

So if you're ever completely bored, depressed, or stuck inside due to a snowstorm let the British comedy amuse you for a few hours. Or just watch it anyway. Fry and Laurie never fail to entertain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home