Friday, March 03, 2006

Forget yoga, hip mamas look no further


Don't get me wrong. Yoga is good and all. But this might be another way to become a "hip mama." I know, I know. I keep posting random articles. But some of these articles just scream, “Please read me and SHARE them!” Here’s an article about a magazine for South-Asian American children called Kahani. I think this would be a great resource for South-Asian mothers, teachers, and aspiring writers who are especially interested in children features. Once again it comes from the Chicago Tribune. Gosh, I really need to renew my subscription to the NY times and Wall Street Journal again;)

Anyways, I think it's admirable how these women of various career paths and educational backgrounds (publishing, business, web design,etc) are using their talents and education and integrating it with their passion (their children) and entrepreneurial attitude. Perhaps, this will be one way future generations will maintain their cultural ties as grandparents and families pass on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home